If you’re feeling lonely, I pray that you’ll let God comfort you …
Are you feeling lonely? It’s strange how, at times, one can be surrounded by people and still feel very alone. In fact, you can even feel lonely among people who love you; they may not understand what you’re going through, at least not fully. But there is Someone who understands your heart completely. He knows your thoughts, feels your every emotion, and longs for you to know He’s with you and for you. Take comfort in His promises …
1. “I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth … I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you” (John 14:16–18). You never need to feel abandoned because Jesus promises to be right there with you; He will even be, through His Holy Spirit, in you.
2. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1). So many troubling situations in life can leave you feeling alone and insecure, but God is a “very present help” at all times.
3. “When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me” (Psalm 27:10). Even when those closest to your heart turn away, the God of love will remain with you, safeguard you, and tenderly look after your needs.
4. “I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20). As long as you desire His presence, there will never come a time when God will leave you to fend for yourself.
5. “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3). Sometimes it’s a broken heart that leaves you feeling lonely, but the Lord promises to heal the wounds and hold you close to Him.
6. “ ‘For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,’ says the Lord” (Isaiah 54:10). God is so faithful that you can depend on His care and attention even if the mountains crumble around you!
7. “In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him, even to His ears” (Psalm 18:6). You never have to feel that no one hears you, because your heavenly Father always hears and understands.
8. “For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you’ ” (Isaiah 41:13). Loneliness will vanish when you realize the Almighty God is holding your hand!
9. “Be strong and of good courage … for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6). The Creator of the universe is on your team, and He will never leave you!
Be encouraged in the loving presence of your Savior, knowing He will always stand beside you. And why not share this list with someone you love?